Joining a Fraternity or Sorority
There are many ways to get involved with Fraternities and Sororities at Tufts. Students who are interested in joining a fraternity or sorority may participate in the rush, recruitment, or intake process. Councils are responsible for setting their own rush, recruitment, and intake schedules.
You may check the status of an organization, including participation in recruitment, rush, and intake, on the FSL's Organization Status page.
Eligibility Requirements for Recruitment
- All undergraduate students will be eligible to participate in Recruitment and receive a bid (invitation to join) after successfully completing one full year at Tufts (# of credits) or an equivalent amount of study at another university if a transfer student.
- Students must be in “good standing” with the university, as defined in the latest edition of the Student Handbook.
- Students must have at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA (Arts and Sciences) or a 2.30 GPA (College of Engineering), in order to be eligible to receive a bid from a fraternity or sorority.
- Students must not be on any university academic or disciplinary probation.
- There is no recognized difference between associating with a chapter or national/international affiliation. Students who do not meet criteria for becoming members of the Tufts fraternity/sorority community shall not affiliate with any local and/or national organization until they meet such criteria.