Fraternity and Sorority Advising
Fraternities and sororities are advised by Tufts advisors, as well as local alumni advisors and national organization or headquarters advisors.
Tufts Fraternity & Sorority Life advising provides fraternities and sororities with a larger support system by having members of the Division of Student Affairs outside of Fraternity and Sorority Life serve as advisors.
Contact information for each advisor can be found on the Contact Us page of the OFSL website.
Tufts Chapter Advisors
The Chapter Advisors will work directly with a specific fraternity or sorority chapter, acting as a trusted resource and support system for the chapters’ members and leaders. The Chapter Advisors are the primary point of contact for chapters, and update the Fraternity and Sorority Life team on all chapter matters. They will meet regularly with the chapter president and help move chapter initiatives forward.
Chapter Advising may include:
- Regular meetings with the chapter president
- Meeting with the New Member Educator during the New Member period
- Attendance at the Presidents' Leadership Events
- Participation in regular advising meetings and trainings
- Mentoring check-ins with the chapter's new members during the New Member Period
- Partnership with the chapter's alumni advisors and local alumni
- Support for the chapter in developing at least one project per academic year to align with the mission and values of their organization and Tufts Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Ensuring chapters comply with Tufts requirements and policies
- Assist in recruitment/ rush planning